Scottsdale’s Premier Gourmet Store, Cooking School And Market Café
Knowing how to cook is more than just surviving. It is a means to making us whole, healthy and happy. As we emerge from our time of quarantine, now more than ever we can embrace all that cooking is and learn to prepare delicious foods. Cooking is easy and fun when you understand the fundamentals.
We hope you will journey through our classes and enrich your life with the knowledge of how to cook foods you love.
SWEET BASIL IS UP AND RUNNING!
As events are unfolding, we want to share our upcoming plans with you as follows:
In the Store:
Store hours: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Saturday.
Sweet Basil Café:
Visit us to enjoy the best and freshest food anywhere.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
2. Students must wear gloves at all times while in class. We provide the gloves.
3. Before and after each class the kitchen is sanitized completely.
4. Each team of two is distanced 6 feet apart; each team is 6 feet from the next team.
5. Class size has been reduced to 10 people which allows correct distancing with the size kitchen we have.
6. We use My Shield Protective Disinfecting Service – The electrostatic spray sanitizer kills bacteria and germs for 28 days from application. The patented solution creates a lasting antimicrobial shield which coats the surface it is sprayed on. The positively charged droplets attract negatively charged viruses and bacteria, working much like a magnet. The disinfectant pierces the cell membranes of germs and destroys the microbes on contact. This nanotechnology allows the My Shield disinfectant to kill microbes that traditional disinfectants cannot.
Working with food, cooking and discovering how to expertly create new flavors can be one of the most pleasurable pursuits when combined in a fun learning environment. You’ll enjoy the opportunity to safely work with food under the guidance of experienced and professionally trained chef/instructors.
A Little More About Us…
Since we opened our Gourmetware store & Cooking School in 1993 our goal at Sweet Basil has been to provide under one roof a resource for entertaining supplies, cooking tools & recreational cooking classes. (In 2013 our master plan was completed when the Market Café opened for lunch.) We hope you’ll stop by often for all your holiday entertaining needs, fun, educational & relaxing cooking classes & lunch in our relaxed & comfortable Café that specializes in made-from-scratch sandwiches, salads, & specialty soups-of-the-day & desserts.