Tilapia with Sautéed Grape Tomatoes,Olives & Capers
- 8 oz. orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. tilapia
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c. dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- ½ c. finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 4 c. grape tomatoes, halved, or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 c. pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 c. drained capers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- PREPARATION - Salad
- >Keep the orzo warm while preparing the fish. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
- >Dust the fish fillets with sea salt and pepper. Add the fillets, without crowding, to the pan and sauté until barely opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a platter (keep it warm) and repeat with remaining fillets.
- >Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce au sec (until all the liquid has evaporated and the solids are beginning to stick to the bottom of the pan).
- >Add parsley and crushed red pepper to the same pan; sauté for 1 minute.
- >Add tomatoes, olives, and garlic and sauté until tomatoes are soft and juicy, about 2 minutes.
- >Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Return fish to the pan and simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- >Serve the fish over a bed of orzo and spoon the sauce over the fish.