BACON-WRAPPED SCALLOPS WITH SPICY CILANTRO MAYONNAISE & BAKED CINNAMON SWEET POTATO CHIPS- Serves 4
- INGREDIENTS - MAYONNAISE
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 & 1/2 TBSP hot chili paste
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped
INGREDIENTS - SCALLOPS
1 & 1/2 lbs scallops, rinsed and dried
3/4 to 1 lb thin sliced bacon (not center cut), strips cut in half crosswise
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Large lettuce leaves, for serving
INGREDIENTS - BAKED CINNAMON SWEET POTATO CHIPS
2 sweet potatoes, washed and dried
1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt per baking sheet
1/4 tsp cinnamon per baking sheet
1. Make the spicy cilantro mayonnaise: In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, hot chili paste, lime juice and cilantro; stir well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Prepare the scallops: Preheat the broiler. Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Wrap each scallop with a piece of bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick. Place the bacon-wrapped scallops onto the prepared baking sheet and season them with salt and pepper. Broil them for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through, turning once mid-way through.
4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 2 or 3 baking sheets.
5. Slice potatoes thinly with a mandolin slicer or a knife. Lay potato slices in a single layer on baking sheets. Drizzle with just a bit of olive oil. Turn over slices so that both sides are thinly coated in oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt (¼ teaspoon of each for every baking sheet). Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning chips over every 20 minutes or so. Take chips out while they're still a bit chewy; they will harden up with time. Store in an airtight container.
6. To serve, line a large platter with lettuce leaves and place the bacon-wrapped scallops on top. Serve with a bowl of the Sweet Potato Chips & a dish of the spicy mayonnaise for dipping.